A list of some of the things I want to work towards in my life. Some are simple things, others fantastical, yet others almost impossible. I've written them down to remind me to keep pushing for what I want for myself and the people around me.
If you want to see what I'm up to right now, check out my now page.
Note: These are just goals and aspirations. Don't mix these up with a sense of worth or value as a human being. [Read more coming soon - 10/6/2021]
- Completely stop biting my nails
Grow guitar nails on my right hand(?)[June 2020]
- Publish my own tiny introspective book
Have 1m NOK in the bank[May 2020] Renovate and set up home base on island[Dec 2021]
Read about my life.
- Do 100 consecutive pushups
- One-armed pushup (with proper form)
- Hanging flag
- Full planche
- Planche push-ups
- Plance press to handstand
- Ring levers
- Front lever for 15s
- Back lever for 15s
"Basic" handstands~ Lift to handstand from sitting l-hold[Aug 2020] Press to handstand (Standing, feet apart)[Sep 2020] Pike press[Apr 2021] Full stalder press[Mar 2022]
- One-armed handstand
- Handstand in rings
20 consecutive pullups[Sep 2020]
Do a muscle-up (in rings)[June 2020]
- Do a muscle-up (on a bar)
- Do a full L-sit muscle-up in rings
- Front split left
Front split right[April 2022]
- Front split left with square hips
- Front split right with square hips
- Side split
- Run from Pl. Independència → Castell de Sant Miquel and back in <1h (→12km,↑320m)
- Run the Stoltzenkleiven-opp race in Bergen
- Row from Varvik or Harstad → Lofoten
- Climb 5 mountains in Vesterålen (the region I’m from) (2/5)
- Bike from Norway → Spain
- Spend a weekend together with all my friends from around the world
- Walk El Camino de Santiago
- Do a trip through Europe with "no" luggage
Read about my adventures here.
Travel/living abroad 🌍
- Live in Tanzania
- Live in Taiwan
- Live in Jordan
- Live in the Azores
- Travel to Bohn, Germany with my friend Jan
- Travel to all the provinces of Spain (4/52)
Cádiz, Guipúzcoa, Girona, Barcelona
Read about my adventures here.
Note: By "live" I mean spend a fair amount of time (>4 months) in a specific area.
Note 2021: I hope to get to go to these places, but I'm conflicted because of climate change.
Events to attend 📅
- VM i Skreifeske i Lofoten
- Properly learn the Julia programming language
- Learn important aspects of systems programming and Rust
- Learn and know how to use essential shell commands
- Use meta programming for something useful and productive
- Build an iOS app and publish it on the App Store
- Use ML/AI for a project in work
- Build a "finished" IoT prototype product
- Learn Lithuanian
- Learn Ukrainian
- Learn to speak (and not only read) French fluently
- Learn Arabic
- Learn Mandarin Chinese
- Learn Swahili
- Learn Russian
- Learn Italian
- Learn Portuguese
Read about my language learning.
Note: By "learn" I mean "to be able to comfortably hold conversations in on a range of central topics of importance"
- Learn to play Capricho Árabe on the classical guitar
- Play the guitar in public with my father
- Create my own arrangement of a song
- Play, record and use a recording for a project
Read about my guitar playing.
- Learn to draw figure drawings
- Learn to draw botanical illustrations in watercolours
- Memorise the most important anatomical structures of the human body
- Know the entire human skeletal system
- Know the entire human muscular system
- Learn to cook staples from the North-Norwegian kitchen with my grandmothers
- Learn to "perfectly" make the five "mother sauces" of la Cuisine Française:
Read about my cooking.
- Learn 50 poems by heart ( 5/50 )
- Learn to renovate a house/flat
- Learn a bit of some dance styles:
Retired goals 🧓
- Learn to dis- and assemble a car engine [not a priority]
- Build a brand for my company and maintain it for some time [I don't really want this in retrospect]